On behalf of the Organising Committee, we invite you to participate in the 9th International Conference on Biodiversity Research (ICBR) to be held in the University of Daugavpils, Latvia, on 26 - 28th April, 2017.
The ICBR is a well-established international meeting (previously called International Conference "Research and conservation of biological diversity in Baltic Region") for scientific exchange of knowledge and ideas bringing together conservation biologists, population biologists and researchers of related fields. The meeting is known for its friendly atmosphere which gives inspiration for new investigations and promotes collaboration between scientists.
At this conference we will highlight the following scientific topics:
- Ecosystem diversity and services
- Genetic diversity and biotechnology
- Diversity of species, systematics and phylogeny
- Aquatic (marine and freshwater) biodiversity
- Terrestrial biodiversity
- Introduced and invasive species
- Biodiversity hotspots and latitudinal gradients
- Agricultural biodiversity, conservation and sustainable use
- Forest biodiversity and sustainable management
- Importance of biodiversity to human health
- Biodiversity of parasites and their hosts
- Climate change and biological diversity
- Overexploitation and human overpopulation effect on global biodiversity
- Habitat fragmentation and destruction
- Pollution effects on biodiversity
- Biodiversity conservation policy and strategies
- In situ and ex situ conservation
- Geoinformatics for biodiversity assessment
We believe that the ICBR 2017 will be an exciting and meaningful event, bringing together scientists from all over the world and providing new ideas for future studies. We are looking forward to meeting you in Daugavpils.